Habits of Waste focuses on finding solutions to shift habitual behaviors
that contribute to pollution and waste
Ever think that one person can’t make a difference? Well, I hate to say it but you are wrong. It only takes the power of one changemaker with the force of nature to see something wrong and make changes – globally!
My guest on The Sustainable Shift Podcast is Sheila Morovati who has founded not one but 2 highly successful Non-Profits Habits of Waste and Crayon Collection.
Habits of Waste focuses on finding solutions to shift habitual behaviors that contribute to pollution and waste. HoW is most known for the #CutOutCutlery campaign, which convinced UberEats, Postmates, Grubhub, and most recently Veggie Grill to globally change the default setting in their applications so that no one receives plastic cutlery unless requested – which is now going into legislation! DoorDash and Chipotle are the next targets.
Once Sheila realized that she could shift mindsets with minimal societal efforts, she started to think bigger. The latest campaign #8Meals is a newly launched app that challenges individuals to decrease their animal protein intake by 40% by swapping out 8 meals a week for plant-based foods.
This small commitment could lead to lifelong habits, eliminating waste from farming + improving our health. I mean, did you see Seaspiracy on Netflix?! I’ve attached the press release with more information on this campaign.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE WE CHAT ABOUT
- Why Sheila focuses on finding a solution to shift habits of waste among mass society
- How she managed to single-handedly spearhead the ban of plastic straws and cutlery in the city of Malibu
- Why she stuck to her mission and went straight to the big corporations
- Why swapping 8 meals to plant-based can literally change the world
If you want to be inspired and see how you don’t need to be a BIG corporation to make a difference, you need to get this podcast in your ears. This episode is not to be missed!
CONNECT WITH SHEILA
IG: Habits of Waste
LinkedIn: Sheila Morovati
Website: Habits of Waste
HOW TO SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Write me a review & I’ll give you a shoutout in a future episode
- Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode
- Screenshot as you listen, share to you social media & tag me so I can repost
Join us in the Coco Rose Eco Community
Coco Rose Eco Community Online Membership for Eco Brands
FREEBIES to grow your eco business